One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make in the near future is whether to continue higher level education at university, or professionally in a workplace scheme. If you want to study while you work – and earn – you will want to consider our unique scholarship programme, which will sponsor your continued education, and kick start your career.
Choose the opportunity of a lifetime
We know you want to stamp your mark on the world as fast as you can and we’re here to give you the opportunity, support and confidence to do just that. The ICB Group scholarship is an investment in your future as you will not have to spend years paying for your education, and you could progress more quickly than your friends who decide to go to university.
After completing the 4 year programme you will be amongst the most qualified of insurance practitioners, with an Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII), and 4 years of work experience under your belt, giving you a major competitive advantage over your undergraduate peers.
The ICB Group Scholarship programme aims to develop your skills, challenge you and empower you to succeed in the world of insurance broking, all the while giving you the support that you need.
Over the course of this 4-year integrated developmental programme, you will go through various methods of learning:
- Work placements, day to day work - Job specific training which strengthens both personal and business development.
- Professional Development - The recipients of the scholarship are expected to work towards the Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII) qualification. They will be encouraged to achieve their diploma within 4 years, to ensure that they gain a solid insurance knowledge and obtain a well-recognised market qualification.
- Business presentations and networking events - Throughout the programme, the recipients of the scholarship will be invited to attend talks and presentations from internal and market leading speakers.
- Mentor - an ICB Group employee will guide you during your training and coach you as you learn more about us and what we do.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for bright, curious and hardworking young problem-solvers to join our Scholarship programme to develop into future ICB Group business leaders.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships.
- Adaptability and learning agility.
- Results-oriented focus.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Five A* - C grade GCSE’s, including English and Maths, and at least three A-levels (A - C grade) or equivalent qualifications.
We value people, who are collaborative, innovative, demonstrate adaptability and learning agility, and who want to make a difference in their workplace and community.
The successful candidate will also be numerate, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and share our company values.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary throughout your training period, which will increase in increments as qualifications are obtained.
- Fully funded higher level education gaining a professional Qualification (Chartered Insurance Institute).
- Blended learning of online, internal and external courses.
- Tailored training programme delivered by a highly professional and dynamic organisation.
- Study leave entitlement on top of your holiday entitlement.
- Further employment and development opportunities once qualified.
- Exposure to experienced and highly professional colleagues.
- Networking events so you can build relationships.
Read the Scholarship Programme brochure.